Monday, August 11, 2008

Ella's 4th B-Day!

 
 
 
 
Ella's birthday went well. She had a great time counting up to the day, yet for some reason the morning of she didn't remember! She climbed into bed with us at five half asleep and talked sleepily of what we were going to do that day. I reminded her of course by saying, "Happy Birthday Ella!!! Your party is today!" She replied, "Oh thanks Mom! What a nice thing to say to me!"
She asked for a "BIG cake with sprinkles and an ice cream cone on top." I attempted to fulfill her request using organics which made for a questionable cake flavor. It's amazing how much a little trans-fat helps the flavor of a cake! She didn't seem to mind though.
We've recently attempted to both stop supporting China and not teach our kids that consumerism is a good thing by buying used or homemade gifts. We were so blessed to have found a dollhouse with all pieces (thanks Grandma Robin), a Leap Frog shopping cart (thanks Mimi Cheryl), and many other items. We had a few guests (our home is small!) who did still manage to spoil Ella, but I'll let them get away with it... :)
One of Ella's favorite gifts was a make-up kit from Great Grandma Kay. One of the pictures posted is an after shot of Nora and Ella doing each other's makeup. I think one had more fun the other...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: